Important Announcement regarding COVID-19 – How we are here to help - LEARN MORE
Please know that higher call volumes may result in a longer wait time. We appreciate your patience.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING COVID-19 - How we are here to help
We are all facing unprecedented challenges at this time and conditions are changing rapidly. We are taking precautions for the safety and well-being of our employee while maintaining capabilities to help you, our Customers. If you are experiencing difficulty staying current with your Canadian Tire Bank-issued credit card as a result of COVID-19, we are here to help. We encourage you to regularly check CTFS.com for updates.
As part of our normal businesses practice, we work with our customers to assist when you need financial assistance the most. Our Customers that have needed our assistance in past are aware that we offer a number of options in times of need. These range from skip a payment, interest rate adjustments and, in some instances, sharing the burden with you. In this evolving crisis we will continue to work with our Customers to find a solution to meet your needs. In light of the precautions we are taking to keep our employees safe, however, higher call volumes may result in a longer wait time. We apologize for that and we appreciate your patience.
In order to help resolve some of your inquiries, we also have available our online servicing site at CTFS.com.
Some frequently asked Questions and our guidance for Customers are outlined below:
1. Who qualifies for financial support? If you are having difficulty staying current with your Canadian Tire Bank-issued credit card as a result of COVID-19, we will work with you to provide relief.
2. What types of relief is available to impacted customers facing financial hardship? As many of our Customers know, we have customized programs to address the needs of impacted customers, including temporary payment relief and interest rate reductions for qualified customers.
3. What services can I perform using CTFS.com? View account balances and transaction history on your Mastercard credit card account information, view and pay your bill, and make Canadian bill payments
Click here to sign into Online Banking at CTFS.com
4. How can I pay my credit card bill if the stores are closed? The fastest way for your payment to be received is by using CTFS.com and using the Interac Online card one-time payment option. If you use that feature your account will be updated immediately. You can also pay your bill from most financial institutions’ online banking service, this will take a few days to process. Or you can pay by mail. Please note this can take up to two weeks for us to receive and process your payment. Send your cheque using the envelope enclosed with your monthly statement to:
Canadian Tire Bank
P.O. Box 4653
Station A, Toronto, ON
5. Are there other ways I can stay on top of my account activity? You can setup NotifyMe® to stay on top of your account through text or email. NotifyMe® will send you account notifications for available credit, due date reminders or online purchases and more. Learn more about NotifyMe here, or sign up today through your Online Account.
6. Why did I get a text message from CTFS? We routinely monitor accounts for potential fraud and may request you respond via text message to confirm current account activity. We will ask to verify your postal code before displaying sales information, we do not ask for any other personal information.
7. I had plans to go away, and now I can’t due to the Coronavirus travel restrictions. Can I get my money back? That depends on the terms of the purchase(s) you made with your travel merchant(s) (airline, travel agency, hotel, etc.). Each merchant will have a different policy. Please reach out to them directly to inquire about travel refunds.
8. I am enrolled in Credit Protector and have been impacted by job loss. Do I qualify for the benefits? There are a number of situations where you could qualify. However, to obtain the specific information on your eligibility, please go to Assurant.com directly to submit your claim.
It's easy to apply.
Select your card
Get your card in the mail
Cards that fit your needs
Earn Canadian Tire Money® even faster
Up your rewards game and start earning Canadian Tire Money faster
Earn Canadian Tire Money® crazy fast
The fastest way to earn Canadian Tire Money - and more!
Savings for drivers
Save up to 10¢/litre on gas at Canadian Tire gas bars, instantly1
Rewards for your everyday purchases
Get cash back everywhere you shop2
EARN UP TO 4% BACK IN CT MONEY® ON QUALIFYING PURCHASES AT THESE RETAILERS:
† The Triangle Rewards Program is owned and operated by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. The Triangle Mastercard and Triangle World Elite Mastercard are issued by Canadian Tire Bank. Rewards are in the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money® (CT Money® ). Not all items sold at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek and participating Mark’s/L’Equipeur, Atmosphere and other partner locations are eligible to earn CT Money or to be redeemed for. Certain Mark's/L'Equipeur and Atmosphere stores may not participate. Conditions apply. Visit Program Rules for full program rules and Partnersfor partner location information including which locations do not participate. The offered rate is exclusive of any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions. CT Money is collected on the pre-tax amount of the purchase at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Atmosphere and Mark's/L'Equipeur.
1 Based on the level of net new purchases (purchases less credits) that are posted to your Gas Advantage Mastercard account in any monthly billing period, you will be entitled to a discount on each litre of gasoline or diesel fuel that is purchased for a motor vehicle at Canadian Tire Gas Bars during the following monthly billing period and that is charged to your Gas Advantage Mastercard. The discount that you receive in a billing period will be reduced to 2¢ per litre after you have made purchases of more than $500 for gasoline, diesel fuel or any other sundry items at Canadian Tire Gas Bars during that billing period using your Gas Advantage Mastercard. For complete program details please read the Canadian Tire Gas Advantage Mastercard Terms and Conditions.
* "Equal payments, no interest" for 24 months (unless stated otherwise) is only available on request, on approved credit with a Canadian Tire Bank issued credit card and on purchases of items at participating Canadian Tire stores of $200 or more (excluding gift cards). Interest does not accrue during the period of the plan. However, if we do not receive the full minimum due on a statement within 59 days of the date of that statement, or any event of default (other than a payment default) occurs under your Cardmember Agreement, all special payment plans on your account will terminate and (i) you will then be charged interest on the balances outstanding on such plans at the applicable regular annual rate from the day after the date of your next statement, and (ii) the balances outstanding will form part of the balance due on that statement. There is no administration fee charges for entering into a special payments plan. Not available on purchases using a Low Rate Options® Mastercard®. Each month during an equal payments plan you are required to pay in full by the due date that month's equal payments plan instalment. Any unpaid portion not received by the due date will no longer form part of the equal payments plan and interest will accrue on that amount from the day after the date of your next statement at the applicable regular annual rate. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Additional information for residents of Quebec only: The regular annual rate for persons applying for the Triangle Mastercard is 21.99% for cash transactions and related fees and 19.99% for all other charges. Some applicants may receive a higher or lower regular annual rate depending on a credit evaluation. The minimum payment is the sum of (a) interest and fees shown on your statement, (b) the greater of any amount past due or any balance over your credit limit, (c) the amount of any equal payments plan instalments then due, and (d) $10. Balances under $10 are due in full. For residents of Quebec, the period between the statement date and the due date for payment is 26 days. The billing period covered by each statement can be from 28-33 days. The Triangle Mastercard does not have an annual fee. Examples of borrowing costs (rounded to the nearest cent) assuming that all charges are purchases bearing interest at the regular annual rate of 19.99%, a 30 day month, no charges made on special payment plans and no other fees, additional payments or other changes are:
If your average balance is:
Total monthly credit charges will be:
* Annual rewards will reduce the balance for determining the Minimum Due but not for the purpose of calculating interest or any balance-based insurance premium. Other Terms and Conditions apply. See Rewards Program Terms and Conditions for details.
®/TM Unless otherwise noted, all trademarks are registered by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and are used under licence.
®/TM Mastercard and World Mastercard are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.